Job ID IRC30024
As the Director of Test Engineering, you will be responsible for managing the QA/Testing function at SciPlay. You will work with cross-functional leadership on the overall strategic vision of the organization in order to build and evolve a high-performing and scalable testing organization that enables us to deliver high quality products on schedule.
What You’ll Do
• Lead the overall operations and activities of testing across the organization, recommending and driving strategy
• Hire, mentor, and motivate a team of world class Test Engineers
• Provide leadership and technical expertise within QA teams and across the broader company
• Introduce and implement industry QA best practices to the teams and contribute to improving the team’s overall functional craft
• Define QA strategy, approach, and execution on a range of development projects
• Set well-defined expectations for QA roles across the company and provide support for your teams’ career growth and personal development
• Directly manage and assist QA Managers in building effective testing strategies for their assigned projects
• Improve department and team processes by working with other disciplines, including Product, Engineering, Art, Design, etc.
• Develop test plans and test strategies for game features and content (yes, we still get our hands on the game!)
• Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from idealization to specification to release
What You Bring To The QA Team
• 10+ years of Testing experience with 5+ years in a management capacity
• Experience managing multiple Testing managers and their teams
• Deep-level knowledge of the SDLC in general.
• Deep-level knowledge of Testing- manual, automated, performance, etc.
• Extensive experience in various test methodologies, test coverage analysis, and test management
• Passion for Testing and gaming
• Strong team building and empowerment skills
• Ability to clearly and articulately communicate across functions, disciplines, and audiences
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement
• Comfortable as a “hands-on” manager and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
• Experience with agile development processes
• Experience with Test automation for mobile apps
• Experience with mobile game development
• Experience working with remote test teams and travel
We are SciPlay! We make games!
The roots of our company are simple and strong: Our founder, Aaron “Shurm” Schurman, fell head over heels for casino games and had a vision to create the most entertaining free-to-play casino games for gamers around the world. We’ve grown into a company that makes games we are truly proud of and that are enjoyed by millions of players every day. Our history is extensive, but we’re just getting started. In 1998, we got our start as Phantom EFX and in 2019, we reintroduced ourselves as SciPlay and went public on the New York Stock Exchange.
At SciPlay, we are programmed to think untraditionally. From our yearly development conferences, shindigs, and new game launches, we believe in doing what you love and doing it well. We take great pride in our ability to create authentic experiences for players and we are excited to continue investing in our workforce, technology, and our data-driven approach, all with the mission of delighting our players long into the future. We believe that if we continue to stay passionate, set ambitious goals, live our values and play together, we will become the #1 social casino and casual gaming company in the world.
A few of our highlighted perks and benefits:
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses alongside matching 401k, employee stock options, and other competitive benefits.
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Fully stocked gameroom featuring current generation consoles and titles, shuffle board tables, foosball tables, and arcade cabinets (including our prized 5v5 cabinet ultra-rare copy of Killer Queen!)
- Brand new, shiny, and aesthetically pleasing 10,000 sq ft office located in the Arboretum area in Austin
SciPlay Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, SciPlay) are committed to creating a workforce of credibility and dependability. As a prerequisite to employment with SciPlay (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SciPlay conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SciPlay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.