The Feature Producer directs and optimizes the game development process . Leading a cross discipline team, they aide in building exciting and innovative meta game features that are of the highest quality. Working directly with the team Product Manager and Game Art Director, they’ll take ideas from spec to full concept helping to understand all the needs of the feature, understand the vision, and prepare it for the production team. From there they’ll work with the team to create a release plan that includes development milestones, feedback driven iteration, and finally prepare a hand off to the LiveOps team for release. Throughout the entire process they are focused fostering an environment that encourages creativity and fun.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sprint and feature planning to ensure the team is able to meet its goals on time. This includes scheduling featuring kick-offs and managing the development process through final feature reviews/game integration.
- Create, maintain, and communicate team roadmaps, schedules, release plans, and release notes. Own the process of creating and maintaining tickets in JIRA to ensure no part of a feature or bug falls through the cracks. Follow up with developers to make sure their tickets are up to date.
- Be the champion of communication with the team regarding design changes, take notes, and follow up on any issues that are left unresolved.
- Oversight of the QA process from test plan creation through final feature verification
- Responsible for mentorship, evaluations, conflict resolution and recognition of the staff to maintain highly motivated and engaged employees.
- Constantly play the game and test new features while in development to ensure they meet the quality standards set forth by the game team to-date.
- Play games. Keep your finger on the pulse of mobile gaming, both in and out of the social casino space. Present interesting findings to the leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of professional work experience
- 2+ years of experience leading teams or managing projects
- Project management experience and demonstrable track record of scheduling and completing projects on time
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Passion to create fun games with an engaging player experience
- Ability to break down business requirements and translate a product vision to the team
- Adept with Word and Excel (or Google Sheets)
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Video game development, particularly in mathematical and puzzle games
- Experience leading a team using the JIRA platfrom or similar project management solutions
- Familiarity with game play features of current casino video and mechanical slots