Job ID IRC29544
SciPlay is a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day for their authenticity, engagement and fun.
SciPlay currently offers seven core games, including social casino games Jackpot Party Casino, Gold Fish Casino, Hot Shot Casino and Quick Hit Slots, and casual games MONOPOLY Slots, Bingo Showdown and 88 Fortunes Slots with offices all over the world!
Leads a group of Test Engineers responsible for maintaining high standards of quality and reliability for all software developed for retail, mobile and online distribution. Act as a subject matter expert for software test methodologies and procedures in order to ensure testing efficiency and high level of quality. This role requires a forward thinking, critical problem solver who can communicate across the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead a team tasked with quality assurance for retail, mobile and online games
- Communicate with other departments within Social Gaming to prevent issues from arising and correct existing problems during the development cycle
- Handle escalations of any product issues found during testing to ensure that they are resolved
- Implement software test methodologies/procedures and help manage the overall product development lifecycle
- Provide input to the weekly project status report for each assigned project.
- Responsible for mentorship, evaluations, conflict resolution and recognition of the staff to maintain highly motivated and engaged employees
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or relevant area or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in progressively responsible positions in field associated with software testing
- At least 2 years of management experience
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment without direct supervision
- Strong management and leadership skills with a proactive participative management style
- Social game development
- Versed in agile development methodologies
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of test methodologies and their implementation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently regulate and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to meet quick deadlines and deliver precise, effective results in a fast-paced work environment.
Vision: Close Vision, Depth Perception, Distance Vision, Ability to Adjust Focus, Peripheral Vision, Ability to Distinguish All Colors
Physical Requirements: Office environment
Work Conditions: May require weekend and evening hours. May require travel.
We are SciPlay! We make games!
The roots of our company are simple and strong: Our founder, Aaron “Shurm” Schurman, fell head over heels for casino games and had a vision to create the most entertaining free-to-play casino games for gamers around the world. We’ve grown into a company that makes games we are truly proud of and that are enjoyed by millions of players every day. Our history is extensive, but we’re just getting started. In 1998, we got our start as Phantom EFX and in 2019, we reintroduced ourselves as SciPlay and went public on the New York Stock Exchange.
At SciPlay, we are programmed to think untraditionally. From our yearly development conferences, shindigs, and new game launches, we believe in doing what you love and doing it well. We take great pride in our ability to create authentic experiences for players and we are excited to continue investing in our workforce, technology, and our data-driven approach, all with the mission of delighting our players long into the future. We believe that if we continue to stay passionate, set ambitious goals, live our values and play together, we will become the #1 social casino and casual gaming company in the world.
A few of our highlighted perks and benefits:
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses alongside matching 401k, employee stock options, and other competitive benefits.
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Fully stocked gameroom featuring current generation consoles and titles, shuffle board tables, foosball tables, and arcade cabinets (including our prized 5v5 cabinet ultra-rare copy of Killer Queen!)
- Brand new, shiny, and aesthetically pleasing 10,000 sq ft office located in the Arboretum area in Austin
SciPlay Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, SciPlay) are committed to creating a workforce of credibility and dependability. As a prerequisite to employment with SciPlay (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SciPlay conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SciPlay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.