Job ID IRC22104
Assist in the overseeing of the engineering effort for Slot Development and provide future looking technical guidance to the engineers in the group.
Essential Job Functions
- Work closely with other development teams to fully understand product functions, features, and performance analysis in order to propose appropriate methodologies for development and deployment
- Identify potential solutions and liaise with development teams to determine technical feasibility and level-of-effort to implement
- Work both independently and collaboratively to design and implement solutions for projects of high complexity
- Create/review detailed feature/functional/technical requirements specifications and ensure alignment with proposed platform solutions
- Deliver quality work with clear, well-commented code as scheduled in accordance with technical design and product requirements
- Estimate engineering effort, prioritize projects, plan implementations, and help roll-out system changes
- Assist with creating and following quality engineering processes to deliver high quality products and services
- Track technical innovations both within and outside of the industry. Make timely recommendations on their applicability to projects
- Work with engineers in other departments to create system-wide solutions.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or relevant area or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years OOP development experience that demonstrates an understanding and usage of solid coding techniques, documentation, and managing the overall technical integrity of a code-base including portability, extensibility, and testability
- Experience in working in and maintaining development environments for groups of 30 or more engineers distributed over multiple locations
- Experience implementing and deploying scalable, highly available software
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio, .NET, C#
- Technical knowledge and experience in developing video game applications.
- Experience with source control software, such as Git
- Experience with debugging, optimization, and profiling tools
- Distributed application (client/server) development experience
- Game Development experience
- Experience in UI development
- Experience with Unity
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Proven ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment, building strong cross-functional relationships
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment, and respond creatively to pressure
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
We are SciPlay! We make games!
The roots of our company are simple and strong: Our founder, Aaron “Shurm” Schurman, fell head over heels for casino games and had a vision to create the most entertaining free-to-play casino games for gamers around the world. We’ve grown into a company that makes games we are truly proud of and that are enjoyed by millions of players every day. Our history is extensive, but we’re just getting started. In 1998, we got our start as Phantom EFX and in 2019, we reintroduced ourselves as SciPlay and went public on the New York Stock Exchange.
At SciPlay, we are programmed to think untraditionally. From our yearly development conferences, shindigs, and new game launches, we believe in doing what you love and doing it well. We take great pride in our ability to create authentic experiences for players and we are excited to continue investing in our workforce, technology, and our data-driven approach, all with the mission of delighting our players long into the future. We believe that if we continue to stay passionate, set ambitious goals, live our values and play together, we will become the #1 social casino and casual gaming company in the world.
A few of our highlighted perks and benefits:
• Competitive salaries and annual bonuses alongside matching 401k, employee stock options, and other competitive benefits.
• Strong commitment to work/life balance
• Fully stocked gameroom featuring current generation consoles and titles, pool table, ping pong table and full arcade
SciPlay Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, SciPlay) are committed to creating a workforce of credibility and dependability. As a prerequisite to employment with SciPlay (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SciPlay conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SciPlay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.