SciPlay is a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day for their authenticity, engagement and fun.
SciPlay currently offers seven core games, including social casino games Jackpot Party Casino, Gold Fish Casino, Hot Shot Casino and Quick Hit Slots, and casual games MONOPOLY Slots, Bingo Showdown and 88 Fortunes Slots with offices all over the world!
About the Role
Does the phrase “Oh Captain, My Captain” speak to you and spark joy? We are seeking a Studio Director for our Austin Studio that is cross-functional (including but not limited to Production, Product, Marketing, Finance and Analytics, and People Operations). We need both an inspiring leader and cool and collected fire fighter who can help us navigate the occasionally turbulent waters of Mobile Game Development and both lead and keep our current two titles, Goldfish Slots and Monopoly Slots, in smooth and calm waters.
Essential Job Functions and Focus:
• Culture – Continue to create, evolve, and maintain an open, creative, fun, and collaborative culture. It is our #1 priority.
• Inspire – The Studio Director must have the ability to inspire and motivate. This person needs to be a leader and not a boss.
• Multi-talented – Production knowledge required with a strong understanding of all aspects of FTP social mobile game development including game analytics, marketing, and product management.
• Communication – Strong communication is a requirement. Foster in studio cross game communication, as well as communication outside of the studio.
• ROI Based Thinking – Work with teams on roadmap of the product is defined and measured (big bets, small bets, player love, tech debt and marketing)
• Employee relations – Manage a diverse set of employees and relationships in a creative live game environment.
• Staffing – Help oversee studio staffing, org charts, and hiring priorities. Help coordinate all disciplines to achieve the highest talent pool in the industry.
• Studio Goals – Responsible for working with the game teams, and departments to deliver on studio revenue goals.
• Timelines – Guide game teams to meet product timelines. Help guide them on product and feature and priorities.
• IT and Facilities – Manage the existing and future facilities needs for a 100 – 150 person studio. This includes coordination with IT on software, hardware, and building IT needs as well any facilities related items such seating, events, furniture and such. SciPlay is a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day for their authenticity, engagement and fun.
• 7+ years of free-to-play mobile gaming experience
• Proven leader within the tech space (could include Executive Producer, Lead Product Manager or Technical Leadership). Management experience is a must!
• Experience managing a team of 50+ personnel
• Social casino experience
• Experience managing P/L